- JAMB Details Not Sent to the School: One of the reasons why your JAMB number was not found on the DE registration portal could be that your JAMB details had not been sent to the school or the school is yet to upload it to their portal. In this case, you may need to wait and check back later
- JAMB Registration Number Does Not Exist: Another reason why your JAMB number was not found on the DE registration portal could be that your JAMB registration number does not exist. This could be due to an error during the registration process or a mistake in the number you provided. To solve this issue, you can take your admission letter given to you by JAMB and your institution and go to any JAMB office around you
- JAMB Regularization Not Done: If you gained admission without JAMB in your admission year, you will need to do JAMB regularization before you can be given a JAMB registration number. JAMB regularization is a process that allows candidates who were not offered admissions through JAMB for their ND, NCE, BSC, etc., to regularize their admissions with JAMB
- JAMB Registration Number Not Used for Admission: You may have written JAMB in a year but have never been offered admission with that result. In this case, you will not be able to use that JAMB registration number for DE registration. You will need to obtain a new JAMB registration number by writing UTME or doing JAMB regularization
- Changes in Institution Not Effected: If you recently made changes in institution from JAMB and it has not been effected, your new institution may not have refreshed their database. In this case, you may need to exercise more patience or contact JAMB for assistance
I can tell that, in this instance, the JAMB handler was not fully told of what transpired, but I can still assist.
The applicant’s JAMB writing must have been authentic during his admission year. He signed up to take the UTME and wrote it. After obtaining a registration number, he proceeded to submit his DE application.
But let’s find out if he was admitted using the aforementioned JAMB. That’s the main idea!
Of course, you can take the JAMB in a year, but admission has never been awarded based on that score.
For example, a candidate who took the JAMB exam but was not accepted or did not receive the necessary score for admission to a university, polytechnic, or college of education on a full-time basis could obtain the same benefits through the Daily Part-time programme.
In that instance, he obtained admission without using JAMB. He was enrolled in a sandwich, remote, or part-time learning programme.
Starting with the 2019 entrance year, however, JAMB has mandated that students enrolled in sandwich, remote learning, and part-time programmes register with JAMB. This is only for data collection; it does not imply that they would write JAMB.
Therefore, unless he completes what is known as regularisation, he should not just submit the JAMB registration number from that year for the Direct Entry application.
To help the candidate in our case study, JAMB states:
- How To Easily Check JAMB Regularization Status
- Are There Schools of Nursing Not Writing Exams?
- Can I Use Two Results for Schools of Nursing/Health?
- List of Schools Offering Nursing On a Part-Time Basis
- Will I Go to NYSC After School of Nursing?
In order for your records to be correctly captured, you must complete out the JAMB website’s indemnification form and the condonation of illegal admission form before moving further with regularisation.
How to Do JAMB Regularization to Activate that JAMB Registration Number
- After JAMB regularization approval, an applicant can be given a new JAMB registration number. This is if he didn’t write JAMB at all in the admission year.
- If he wrote JAMB that very year, he can just register the regularization on the JAMB registration number he got for the year. JAMB will approve that registration number instead of giving a new one.
- To register JAMB regularization
FAQs on JAMB Number Not Found on DE Registration Portal
- Can I register for DE without a JAMB registration number?
No, you cannot register for DE without a JAMB registration number. You must have written UTME in the past and obtained a JAMB registration number to be eligible for DE
- What is JAMB regularization?
JAMB regularization is a process that allows candidates who were not offered admissions through JAMB for their ND, NCE, BSC, etc., to regularize their admissions with JAMB
- Can I use my friend’s JAMB registration number for DE registration?
No, you cannot use your friend’s JAMB registration number for DE registration. Each candidate must have their own JAMB registration number to be eligible for DE
- Can I register for both UTME and DE at the same time?
No, you cannot register for both UTME and DE at the same time. If you apply through UTME and later obtain DE qualification, the UTME can be upgraded to DE at no cost. It is a sanctionable infraction to obtain two application documents in the same year. Double/multiple registrations attract outright cancellation and prosecution
- What is the closing date for JAMB Direct Entry registration?
The closing date for JAMB Direct Entry registration for the 2023/2024 academic session has been set for May 2023. However, it is important to note that JAMB regularization is a year-round activity, and there is no specific closing date for it