If you’re planning to take the IJMB exam in 2023, then you’re probably looking for ways to prepare yourself for success. One of the best ways to do that is by studying past exam questions and answers. By doing this, you’ll get a sense of the types of questions that are likely to be on the exam and you’ll be able to practice answering them in a timed setting.
Luckily, there are several resources available online where you can find IJMB past exam questions and answers for free. These resources can be a valuable tool in your exam preparation, as they provide you with a way to test your knowledge and identify areas where you may need to study more. Additionally, studying past exam questions and answers can help you to become more familiar with the format and structure of the exam, which can help to reduce test anxiety and improve your performance on exam day.
In this article, I’ll be discussing some of the best resources available for finding IJMB past exam questions and answers, as well as some tips for using these resources effectively. Whether you’re a first-time IJMB candidate or you’re retaking the exam, studying past exam questions and answers can be an effective way to prepare yourself for success. So, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Understanding IJMB Exam Pattern
As I prepare for my IJMB exam in 2023, it’s important that I understand the exam pattern. This knowledge will help me to prepare adequately for the exam and give me an edge over my peers. Here are some key points that I need to know about the IJMB exam pattern:
- The IJMB exam is divided into two semesters. Each semester has three subjects, making a total of six subjects for the entire program.
- Each subject is divided into two parts: Part A and Part B. Part A is objective while Part B is essay-based.
- Part A consists of 50 multiple-choice questions while Part B consists of 5 essay questions.
- The exam duration is 3 hours for each subject, making a total of 18 hours for the entire program.
- The exam is graded on a scale of A to F, with A being the highest and F being the lowest.
- To pass the IJMB exam, I need to score a minimum of 5 points out of a possible 15 points. Each subject is graded on a scale of 0 to 5 points.
- The grading system for the IJMB exam is as follows: A (5 points), B (4 points), C (3 points), D (2 points), E (1 point), and F (0 points).
- The IJMB exam is a standardized test, which means that the questions are the same for all students across the country.
- The exam covers a wide range of topics, including Mathematics, English Language, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, History, Government, and Economics.
By understanding the IJMB exam pattern, I am better equipped to prepare for the exam and achieve my academic goals. I will focus on studying past questions and answers, practicing essay writing, and improving my time management skills to ensure that I perform well in the exam.
Past Exam Questions for Sciences
As a science student preparing for the IJMB exam, it is important to have access to past exam questions to help you prepare adequately. In this section, I will provide you with past exam questions for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Physics is one of the core science subjects in the IJMB curriculum. It is important to have a good understanding of the fundamental concepts and principles in physics to excel in the exam. Here are some past exam questions in physics:
|A car of mass 1000kg moving at 20m/s is brought to rest in 10 seconds. Calculate the force applied.
|A ball is thrown vertically upwards with an initial velocity of 20m/s. Calculate the maximum height attained by the ball.
|A circuit consists of a 12V battery and three resistors connected in parallel. If the resistors have resistances of 2Ω, 4Ω and 6Ω respectively, calculate the total current in the circuit.
Chemistry is another core science subject in the IJMB curriculum. It is important to have a good understanding of the principles of chemistry, including chemical reactions, atomic structure, and periodicity, to excel in the exam. Here are some past exam questions in chemistry:
- Define the term “isotope”
- State the law of conservation of mass
- Balance the following chemical equation: H2 + O2 → H2O
Biology is the study of living organisms and their interactions with the environment. It is important to have a good understanding of the fundamental concepts in biology, including the structure of cells, genetics, and evolution, to excel in the IJMB exam. Here are some past exam questions in biology:
- What is the function of the ribosome in a cell?
- Define the term “mutation”
- State the difference between mitosis and meiosis
By practicing past exam questions in physics, chemistry, and biology, you can gain confidence and improve your chances of success in the IJMB exam.
Past Exam Questions for Arts
As an IJMB student in the Arts program, I have found that reviewing past exam questions and answers is an essential part of my exam preparation. Here are some of the past exam questions that I have come across for the Literature, Government, and History subjects.
- Discuss the theme of love and its portrayal in Wole Soyinka’s play “The Lion and the Jewel.”
- Analyze the use of symbolism in Chinua Achebe’s novel “Things Fall Apart.”
- Compare and contrast the characters of Okonkwo and Obierika in “Things Fall Apart.”
- Explain the concept of separation of powers and how it is applied in the Nigerian government.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the Nigerian National Assembly in ensuring good governance.
- Discuss the role of the judiciary in protecting the rights of citizens in Nigeria.
- Describe the causes and consequences of the Nigerian Civil War.
- Analyze the impact of colonialism on the economic development of Nigeria.
- Discuss the contributions of Herbert Macaulay to the Nigerian nationalist movement.
- Discuss the impact of colonialism on Nigeria’s economy and society.
- Analyze the factors that led to the Nigerian civil war.
- Compare and contrast the independence movements in Nigeria and Ghana.
These are just a few examples of the types of questions that may be asked on the IJMB exam for Arts students. By reviewing past exam questions and answers, I am able to better understand the format and style of the questions, as well as the content that I need to study.
Past Exam Questions for Social Sciences
As a student preparing for the IJMB exam in the Social Sciences, I understand the importance of having access to past exam questions and answers. In this section, I will provide information on the past exam questions for three major Social Science courses: Economics, Geography, and Accounting.
Economics is a popular Social Science course that covers various topics such as microeconomics, macroeconomics, and international economics. To prepare for the IJMB exam in Economics, I recommend studying past exam questions in these areas. Some of the topics that have been covered in past IJMB Economics exams include:
- The concept of demand and supply
- The theory of production
- Price determination under different market structures
- National income accounting
- Fiscal and monetary policies
Geography is another important Social Science course that covers topics such as physical geography, human geography, and environmental geography. To prepare for the IJMB exam in Geography, I recommend studying past exam questions in these areas. Some of the topics that have been covered in past IJMB Geography exams include:
- Map reading and interpretation
- Climate and weather
- Population studies
- Settlement patterns
Accounting is a crucial Social Science course that covers topics such as financial accounting, cost accounting, and management accounting. To prepare for the IJMB exam in Accounting, I recommend studying past exam questions in these areas. Some of the topics that have been covered in past IJMB Accounting exams include:
- Accounting principles and concepts
- Preparation of final accounts
- Cost-volume-profit analysis
- Budgeting and standard costing
- Financial statement analysis
In conclusion, studying past exam questions is an essential part of preparing for the IJMB exam in the Social Sciences. By focusing on the topics that have been covered in past exams, I can better prepare myself to succeed on the upcoming exam.
As I prepare for the IJMB exam, I understand that interpreting answers is an essential skill that I must possess. It is not enough to provide the correct answer; I must also be able to explain and justify why my answer is correct. Here are a few tips that I have learned to help me interpret answers:
- Read the Question Carefully: Before attempting to answer a question, I make sure that I understand what is being asked. I take the time to read the question carefully, paying attention to keywords and phrases that can guide me in providing the correct answer.
- Provide Relevant Information: When answering a question, I make sure that I provide all the relevant information that is required. I avoid giving extraneous information that is not needed, as this can lead to confusion and misinterpretation.
- Use Examples: Whenever possible, I use examples to illustrate my answers. This makes it easier for the examiner to understand my thought process and how I arrived at my answer.
- Be Clear and Concise: I make sure that my answers are clear and concise, using simple language that is easy to understand. I avoid using jargon or technical terms that may not be familiar to the examiner.
- Check Your Work: Before submitting my answers, I always take the time to check my work. I make sure that I have answered all the questions correctly and that my answers are well-organized and easy to read.
By following these tips, I am confident that I will be able to interpret answers accurately and effectively during the IJMB exam.
How To Get The IJMB Past Questions Of Your School Of Choice
To get the complete Original IJMB Past Questions and answers of the schools mentioned above, you only need to pay the sum of N2,000 using any of the methods below;
How To Make Payment
1. ATM Card Payment
After making the payment, send the following as a text message to this number: 09060853525
Once your payment is confirmed, the 100% real PDF IJMB Past Questions and answers of the school you paid for will be sent immediately to the email address you provided in your text message. You absolutely have nothing to fear or worry about. We are 100% trusted! If you have questions or enquiries, you can call this number: 09060853525 between 9:00am – 5:00pm (Mondays To Saturdays).